This AH-1W model fuselage was modeled to fit the Century Swift 550 electric helicopter and
will fit many 500 class electric models. If we do not list your model and it physically fits within the fuselage, then likely the only
change would be to drill new landing gear mount points. The eSuperCobra once again is a first in this class, it is simple to build
and was expertly engineered to handle the tail belt into the elevated tail section. Plently of scale details are included and it is very
simple for the beginner modeler to fit to their helicopter mechanics.
This is a feather-weight fuselage and can accept similarly sized electric or smaller mechanics. Installing the mechanics and tail
drive system is very straight forward and we have laid it out in a logical method to make building the eSuperCobra as simple as possible. We recommend
using one of the flat military covering materials but experienced modelers can add the rivet details, prime & seal the wood surface and airbrush
directly on the primed surface for an unbelieveable scale appearance. This method works very well for camouflage paint schemes commonly used on Cobra
helicopters. The eSuperCobra is just packed full of scale details and functional items that will make building our fuselage a pleasure. New modelers should
be aware that between opening your new AH-1W SuperCobra fuselage and finishing the model can take between 2 to 4 weeks, depending on how much time you can
commit to building and finishing.
Compatible Models List:
- Century Swift 550
- (many 500 class electrics)
- High quality laser cut balsa and plywood interlocking parts.
- Clear windows included for the cockpit windshield.
- Upper transmission bay and cockpit easily detaches to access mechanics.
- Button magnets secure the bottom plate for quick access to the battery pack.
- Plenty of space ahead of the main shaft for a fully detailed cockpit.
- Tow launchers, rocket pods, 20mm Cannon & TSU turret included.
- Scale 20mm three-barrel cannon with provisions for optional control servo.
- Injection molded scale skid carriers and landing struts.
- Flexible tail pushrod included and suitable for heading lock gyros.
- Longer tail drive belt, timing pulley and idler pulley for tail included.
- Step by step instruction manual with construction photographs & full size plan.
Required & Optional Items:
- Flat covering material (Monokote) or similar finishing materials & tools.
- Optional: Flexible pushrod & mini servo to actuate the front 30mm chain gun rotation.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How do I adjust the belt tension?
A: In the elevated tail section, we have you build a telescoping section of tailboom where the outer section is
bonded into the tail framework and the inner is connected to the tail gearbox, providing the tension adjustment. Once
the tension is set, you tighten a clamp style collar to secure them in position.
- Q: Do I use my original tail belt?
A: No. We include a longer tail belt with ball bearing pulleys to bend the belt around the corner in the
elevated section of the tail boom.
- Q: Will an ARF version be offered?
A: No. We plan to keep our products in assembly kit format to make future kit upgrades possible.
- Q: I have a Logo 10, why is it not shown in the compatibility list?
A: The eSuperCobra internal width is quite a bit smaller at 2.875" [73mm] as compared to the 4.3" [109mm] on the AH-1F Cobra fuselage.
This width change reduces the number of compatible mechanics, but it was necessary to achieve the proper proportions for the SuperCobra.
- Q: I have a Trex 500, will it fit the fuselage?
A: The short answer is no. Dimensionally, the Trex 500 will fit inside the fuselage by drilling 4 new holes in the mechanics
mount to match the Trex landing gear mount points. The problem is a narrow tail drive belt is needed for the Trex 500 mechanics
and we have abandoned our search to find a reasonably priced belt. It is a direct fit in all other areas.